How to recover from the flu quickly without going to the doctor. Many times we think that a flu and a cold are the same disease. However, the flu is an infection in the respiratory tract, which is generally caused by a virus and presents with a series of symptoms much more intense and sudden than those of a normal cold. These symptoms ranging from having a fever and headache to coughing and chills. It is important that we start treating them immediately with the most appropriate treatments so as not to aggravate the infection.
In the following OneHOWTO article we explain how to recover from the flu quickly . Continue reading the following lines, in which we give you a series of tips and recommendations so that this respiratory infection does not last longer than necessary and you can have an easy cure.
How to treat the flu and its symptoms to recover quickly
Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by a virus that is distinguished mainly from a cold by the intensity and rapid onset of symptoms, which can include fever, headache, sore throat , chills, cough, and aches and pains throughout the body.
If you have any of the symptoms of the flu (especially fever) and you want a quick cure, it is important to see a doctor immediately, who can prescribe the following drugs that work against the flu :
- Analgesics: these are treatments that help reduce fever and relieve other symptoms such as muscle pain and sore throat.
- Antihistamines: These are used to reduce nasal congestion and other discomforts of colds such as watery eyes.
- Nasal decongestants: there are medications such as sprays filled with saline substances that also help reduce mucus that makes it difficult for us to breathe, especially at night.
- Cough syrups: are medicines with antitussive and expectorant properties that relieve dry cough and nasal congestion.
However, to recover quickly from the flu , it is also necessary to take some home remedies, which will help the medicines work and will also alleviate some of the symptoms, as well as taking into account certain habits to change during these days, especially regarding the food and rest, as we will see below.
Natural remedies to recover from the flu faster
In addition to going to the doctor and assigning some of the treatments that we have explained in the previous section, we can also resort to natural remedies to quickly cure the flu . Here are some of the most used:
It is a plant with analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties, ideal for relieving cough, fever and sore throat. To prepare this infusion you will need to fill a saucepan with half a liter of water and two tablespoons of dried elderberry leaves and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then let it rest for 5 more minutes and drink it little by little.
The root of this plant has excellent anti-flu properties that reduce nasal congestion and sore throats, among other benefits for the respiratory system. To prepare the infusion you will have to add in a pot, a small slice of ginger root, washed and chopped together with 1 liter of water and let it boil for 10 minutes. Strain the drink and take it three times a day. You can add a little lemon.
The essential oil of this plant in the form of a vapor is a natural nasal decongestant that achieves an effect that decongestant nasal sprays. To prepare it, fill a pot with water, add 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, and bring the mixture to a boil. Then turn off the heat, put a towel over your head and inhale the steam from the pot for a couple of minutes.
It is a good remedy for the flu, since it has antiseptic properties and stimulates the immune system, so it fights the virus that has caused the infection and prevents its reappearance. Add 5 sage leaves to a saucepan with a glass of water and let everything boil for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, let it rest for 5 more minutes and then strain the drink to drink it.
Natural orange juice
This fruit has a high vitamin C content, which is why it helps to increase our defenses and to treat and prevent respiratory infections. With the help of a juicer, extract the juice of a few oranges and drink it without straining twice a day. You can also choose to eat the oranges directly.
Other tips to recover from the flu quickly
In addition to medicines and natural remedies, it is recommended that you follow some of the following tips to recover quickly from the flu :
- Rest all day: Lying in bed for a day or two can greatly speed up the recovery process.
- Scrub yourself with damp cloths: wetting your head and extremities with lukewarm water can help bring down a fever. In the event that you have a high fever, a shower with warm or hot water can help you bring it down immediately. Never do it with cold water, because the temperature change will be very sudden and you will get worse, it is convenient to make the change gradually.
- Drink lots of water: the flu can dehydrate you and make your symptoms worse. Therefore, it is important that you drink more water and fluids than normal to maintain hydration.
- Take chicken soup with onion: the steam from hot foods will help clear your airways and these ingredients, especially onion, are very effective in combating flu symptoms.
Thank you for reaching the end, this has been all from us, we hope you have been informed, you can continue browsing our website until the next time.